This brand-new site welcomes your submissions! Click on "About this Site" for info on how you can let us share the memory of your furry or feathery family member.

Thursday 5 March 2015

Madison

February 13, 1998 – May 31, 2011
The first time I saw you, I knew you were the one.  I scooped you up in my arms, flipped you over and held you.  I knew you were the one. 

You were with me when I got married.  You were with me when we moved away.  You were with me when I was pregnant with both my children.  You were with me, quietly, when they woke in the middle of the night to be fed.  You were patient and gentle with them, even when they could only toss your Frisbee a few feet.
 
We walked together, day after day, for over 13 years.  I know how lucky I was to have you with me for so long.  What I wouldn’t give for one more walk with you.

How many times will I check the floor before I swing my legs out of bed?  How many times will I reach over and only feel the couch instead of you?  How many times will I reach for your leash and wait for you to come running? 

I will miss you forever.

~ Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment